- On women, and empathy, and con games
- One satellite data set is underestimating global warming – One. Guess which one is frequently cited by climate change deniers?
- Indiana Suspends Ban On Needle Exchanges To Combat HIV Outbreak – I’m trying to wrap my head around the rhetoric on this. Pence opposes needle exchanges, except by making an “emergency exception” he’s admitting that they work. So why shouldn’t they pursue this strategy all the time?
- Want To Help Prevent Online Bullying? Comment On Facebook
HOLY SHIT you guys
This was amazing. Pratchett wrote an action thriller that critiques the tropes of action thrillers RIGHT THERE IN THE TEXT. Discworld’s own John McClane says RIGHT THERE that the kind of people who follow killing with quippy one-liners are just murderers.
I think this book finally locked in my dream cast for some of the Watch – Bruce Willis for Sam Vimes, young!Eric Idle for Nobby, and young!John Cleese for Colon. Not sure about Carrot yet… leaning towards Chris Evans, but the Snowpiercer Chris Evan just as much as Captain America.
- Staying curious: the secret skill that will help you change your sex life
- ‘Community’: No Longer A Broadcast Show, But Still A Lovable Weirdo
- Climate Change Is Not A Religion
- Kameron Hurley on The unBREAKable Kimmy Schmidt – Yes I’m late to the party. Still a great show.
- As Women Try Out For Armor Units, ‘If You Can Hack It, You Can Hack It’ – Heroes.
- “Very high levels of arsenic” in top-selling wines – HAHA good thing my favorite wine that I’ve probably averaged about 1 bottle/week for the past few years isn’t one of the wines named. Oh wait, whoops…
- Snoop Dogg asks fans to ‘unload’ from guns
- Obamacare Cut The Ranks Of The Uninsured By A Third
- Oceans Are Losing Oxygen—and Becoming More Hostile to Life
- How Much (Or Little) The Middle Class Makes, In 30 U.S. Cities – Where you live (or happen to be born) makes a difference.
- Will Ferrell plays ball for charity
- Ditching The Common Core Brings A Big Test For Indiana
- After Rescue, Massive Sea Turtle Released Into Atlantic
- Iran Calls GOP Letter ‘Propaganda Ploy,’ Offers To ‘Enlighten’ Authors
- Commentary: Computer science education is key to our future
- Injectable Enzyme Stops Wounds From Bleeding – Every sci-fi book is coming true.
- Whatever We Please : Women on working, speaking, dancing, and being in a world built for men – a set of comics for International Women’s Day (slightly NSFW at points).
- It’s Time for More Racial Diversity in STEM Toys
- But for the video… – Body cams and cell phone footage aren’t perfect, but they help.
- Children’s Lung Health Improves as Air Pollution Is Reduced, Study Says
- Transgender Students Learn To Navigate School Halls
- As Workers’ Comp Varies From State To State, Workers Pay The Price
- IUDs regaining women’s trust decades after Dalkon scandal
- Capitol Hill sledders defy ‘regulation against fun’ – File under “taking minor things very seriously”
- The Magic Trick That Could Help Students Pay For College
- Japanese World War II Battleship Musashi Found, Billionaire Paul Allen Says – This reads like something out a Neil Stephenson book.
- Jawbone Fossil Fills Big Gap In Human Evolution, Scientists Say
- A Campaign to Put a Woman on the Twenty-Dollar Bill