- American Gods Author Neil Gaiman on Why Casting The 100’s Ricky Whittle as Shadow Is So Vital – I love this casting so much (although I am slightly worried for Lincoln’s safety on The 100 now…).
Important takeaway: if the “pro-life” moment really wanted to reduce abortions, they would advocate policies that have demonstrably reduced abortion numbers instead of opposing them. Based on their actions, these organizations are actually carrying out a “politicized attack on sex” (that’s a phrase from the video).
- Related: Texas Grand Jury Investigating Planned Parenthood Decides To Indict Anti-Abortion Activists Instead – If you find yourself saying “it’s okay for us to lie or commit fraud because we know we’re right,” maybe you should stop and think about whether you’re actually right. (If you were, maybe the evidence wouldn’t be against you.)
- Related again: Avoiding the TRAP: Defending Legal Abortion, with David A. Grimes, M.D. – Trying to eliminate abortion by claiming to “protect women’s health” isn’t just deceitful, it’s doomed to fail. Prohibition didn’t stop the consumption of alcohol, it brought the mafia to power. Abortion itself was illegal at one point, and this didn’t prevent abortion – women went to unsafe providers, and wound up in life-threatening situations (or dead).
If you want to lower the abortion rate, improve sex education. Improve access to contraception (even if you’re a closely-held corporation). Don’t make abortion more dangerous and lie about your goals.
- After Overpayment Of Benefits, VA Wanted $38,000 Back
- A Few Doctors Account For Outsize Share Of Malpractice Claims