These 10 Fabulous Female Athletes Are the Stars of Nike’s Viral ‘Da Da Ding’ Video
- Research Casts Doubt on the Value of Acupuncture
- Hey Anime Fans: Stop Making Excuses for Fanservice [NSFW]
- GOP Delegates Say the Economy Is Terrible—Except Where They Live – Like the man says, reality has a well-known liberal bias.
- Artificial Intelligence’s White Guy Problem
- If You Build It They Will Come: Mark Oshiro on Trolls, Fandom, and Community Management
Just one this week.
- Donald Trump is a unique threat to American democracy
- “The party’s failure of judgment leaves the nation’s future where it belongs, in the hands of voters. Many Americans do not like either candidate this year . We have criticized the presumptive Democratic nominee, Hillary Clinton, in the past and will do so again when warranted. But we do not believe that she (or the Libertarian and Green party candidates, for that matter) represents a threat to the Constitution. Mr. Trump is a unique and present danger.”
This week has been disturbing, no matter who you are. I don’t have anything on Turkey, or India, or Baton Rouge, except to say that I wish for peace and safety for everyone. This week’s post is a short one.
- Donald Trump’s speech introducing Mike Pence showed why he shouldn’t be president – As an expat Hoosier, I’m simultaneous relieved that Pence is finally done with Indiana government and terrified at the idea of him and Trump in office. It’s going to be interesting watching two men who probably can’t stand each other pretend to get along because they’re both delusional and driven to seek power. Good thing I enjoy schadenfreude.
- Trump, seeking GOP unity, has tense meeting with Senate Republicans – This article is actually from last week, but I saw it Monday. Describes an absolute train wreck of a meeting, full of paragraphs like
“I wasn’t particularly impressed,” Sanford said. “It was the normal stream of consciousness that’s long on hyperbole and short on facts. At one point, somebody asked about Article I powers: What will you do to protect them? I think his response was, ‘I want to protect Article I, Article II, Article XII,’ going down the list. There is no Article XII.”
This show isn’t entirely unproblematic, but it’s so great and “Occupy Wall Street meets Fight Club with awesome writing and cinematography.”
You should be watching