- Supreme Court To Decide If Mexican Nationals May Sue For Border Shooting – 1. If another country did this to the U.S., we would call it an act of war and respond with terrible aggression. 2. [The Border Patrol agent’s union lawyer] “suggests that a ruling in favor of the Hernández family would mean foreigners could sue over a drone attack” WELL MAYBE THAT’S A GOOD THING??
- Ryancare: You Can Pay More for Less!
(turn on closed captions for English subtitles)
- State-sponsored hackers targeting prominent journalists, Google warns
- Pyramids, Technology, and Power
- ‘This is really unprecedented’: ICE detains woman seeking domestic abuse protection at Texas courthouse
- Using Improv To Help Kids With Autism Show And Read Emotion
- Rights Advocates Warn Russian Domestic Abuse Law Will ‘Protect The Oppressor’
- Is Finland’s basic universal income a solution to automation, fewer jobs and lower wages?
- From twitter (tw: discussion of suicide):
y’all need to appreciate Wentworth Miller more… this is so beautiful 😪 pic.twitter.com/220aWMF0JO
— Jacko (@ezrasfIash) February 16, 2017
- This Week In Race: Walls, ID Laws And Getting Typecast – Michael K. Williams’s video is remarkable.
- What Vizio was doing behind the TV screen – Why rules and regulations matter.
For comparison, supplements are almost completely unregulated.
- Watching Donald Trump Try to Puzzle Out What ‘Asset Forfeiture’ Means Is Deeply Discomfiting
- Trump Is Trying to Preserve Financial Advisers’ Right to Rip Off Clients Saving for Retirement – If someone wants to handle your money but opposes being a fiduciary, you should assume they’re trying to screw you. They may or may not be, but they *are* explicitly saying “I won’t commit to serving your best interests.”
- “Detox”: Ritual purification masquerading as medicine and wellness
- Adults with autism see interests as strengths, career paths – Yup.
- White House considering action on religious freedom that critics warn could lead to discrimination – I’ve never seen anyone other than evangelical Christians insist that not being allowed to discriminate violates their religion… for all the Tea Party’s rhetoric about “Sharia law” it seems like they’re the only ones who want reactionary religious rule in America.
- Young Girls Are Less Apt To Think That Women Are Really, Really Smart – “The study, which appears Thursday in Science, comes amid a push to figure out why women are underrepresented in science, technology, engineering and mathematics, or STEM, fields. One line of research involves stereotypes, and how they might influence academic and career choices.”