- ‘The Drug Whisperer’: Drivers arrested while stone cold sober – Sherlock Holmes is fictional. There’s no such animal as a “human lie detector” or a “human drug tester.”
- Let’s Talk About Laura’s Wrenching American Gods Episode – It was a really good episode, y’all.
— Catrin Nye (@CatrinNye) May 23, 2017
- Did the Turkish President’s Security Detail Attack Protesters in Washington? What the Video Shows – TW for violent assault
- Trump Effect Inspires Radical Christians In Military
- 11 Years Old, a Mom, and Pushed to Marry Her Rapist in Florida
- Far Cry 5 promises to be controversial, but not for the usual reasons
- Husband Of World’s Only Openly Gay Leader Joins NATO Leaders’ Wives For Historic Photo
- A bot named for a ‘West Wing’ character helps onboard 18F’s new hires
- Rural America Is the New ‘Inner City’
This looks like a very sweet romance… also if you don’t follow @kumailn on twitter you might want to.
- Conventional Wisdom May Be Contaminating Polls –
- ‘That Was Unheard Of’ – Why ‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’ Star Donna Lynne Champlin Never Saw A Woman Like Herself On TV Until Now –
- “My husband has a formerly good friend “Paul,” who has a history of domestic violence.” – An advice column responds to a question about dealing with abusers in your social circle.
- Hackers Came, but the French Were Prepared – Disinformation is a classic espionage tool. Interesting to see it applied to election hacking.
- Scientists blast Sessions decision on forensics –
Chilling. With all the Comey news, this badass slipped under the radar. Not too late to listen. pic.twitter.com/PtO4trG6fO
— Ava DuVernay (@ava) May 11, 2017
- I have a pre-existing condition. I do things “the right way” – During the AHCA debate, quite a few Republican congressfolk started enthusiastically victim-blaming when asked about pre-existing conditions. Ignoring that almost everyone has some sort of pre-existing condition (off the top of my head, I have at least three), saying that “healthy” people shouldn’t pay for “sick” people kinda flies in the face of how insurance companies work.
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ is just fine. That’s the problem.
- American Gods in TV Land