- A New Generation Overthrows Gender – One of my favorite things about the internet is kids (and adults) finding community & support when they don’t fit the prescribed norms for things like gender, sexuality, or religion.
- “Ninefox Gambit” and Gender and Sexuality in the Hexarchate – Ninefox Gambit was one of my top-two books from last year, and I can’t wait to start reading the sequel.
- The Narrative Spectrum -Human consciousness functions as jumped-up pattern recognition (the brain assigning narrative to its own functions), & Malka Older has been talking about how that pattern recognitions works (& fails) in modern information flows. Also you should check out her book Infomocracy, it’s the other of my top-two books from 2016.
Best analysis I’ve heard is about 2/3 through – trademarking a slur you’re trying to reclaim legally prevents the rest of your demographic from working to reclaim it with you.
- Hobby Lobby fined $3 million for smuggled Iraqi artifacts – Much like Ken Ham, jerks using their religion to justify whatever they want to do continue to be jerks. Also, notice their justification – it boils down to “despite legal experts telling us it was a bad idea and probably illegal, we didn’t know any better!” Sound like any other prominent reactionaries in 2017?
- To Prepare For Mars Settlement, Simulated Missions Explore Utah’s Desert –
- Laugh of the week.
This is also the official GOP position on women’s bodies pic.twitter.com/i0ouwUPV4h
— Lauren Duca (@laurenduca) July 7, 2017