Several videos this week – some informational, some that made me happy when i needed it.
- Get America Covered – Open enrollment starts this week! Wednesday, November 1. If you need insurance, financial assistance may be available. Don’t wait – the medical bankruptcy you prevent could be your own.
- The Big Picture: Confronting Manhood After Trump – Gender is a social construct, and i believe gender norms have had a toxic effect on humanity. Sadly, the people hurt by a toxic system often become it’s enforcers (anyone who says women don’t contribute to patriarchy doesn’t know any evangelical Christians (or other, similar social groups & structures)). Destroying patriarchy, white supremacy, toxic masculinity, and other hostile social systems will take all of us.
- 20 Things Men Can Do RTFN to Support Women, Beyond Just Literally Ceasing to Sexually Harass Us
- 7 Ways Librarians are Superior to Clickbait Journalists
- Q&A: Why Wiping of Georgia Elections Server at Kennesaw State Matters
- img post on Tumblr of text: “Just a reminder: there’s not two of you – internet you and real you. There is just one real you. Which means if you’re not kind on the internet, you’re not kind.”
Adding a bit of commentary on this one – if it were just a sketch, i don’t know that i’d do more than smile and move on, but it’s an ad campaign a corporation is putting money into. Representation matters, and i am here for this polyamorous gay trio. (See HuffPo for more on why this particular campaign is unique)
- In $25 billion video game industry, voice actors face broken vocal cords and low pay