- users are the product. advertisers are the consumers.
- even if i don’t sign in, my account is a statistic.
- twitter has failed – over and over – to take action against harassment, racism, misogyny, and the like
- twitter owns the content i create on their site
- not signing in for one day doesn’t affect their bottom line
- as much as people say “this site is trash,” no one ever leaves
- there are many alternatives to twitter
- i’m going to delete my account in 1 week. i’ll likely set up an autotweet to go once or twice a day until then
- follow me at mjpaxton.com, or on mastodon.social, or email or text if you want to stay in touch
this sucks. i’ve been on twitter since february 2008. i’ve met some really cool people on here, and in a lot of ways it’s provided me with relationships and a community that i’ll never have in meatspace.
but in the grand scheme? staying here is only making things worse.
maybe i’ll get back into tumblr again, idk