pondering… twitter has been a great source for links (in addition to other things). gonna have to find a way to compensate for losing that.
- Get America Covered – Trump is doing everything he can to keep people from accessing affordable comprehensive health insurance (ie, healthcare that won’t put you in bankruptcy) through the ACA – shorter enrollment period, turning the enrollment site off on Sundays, not paying the subsidies that make plans affordable, breaking risk pools (risk pools are what make any sort of insurance possible in the first place) – but if you need insurance, they can’t stop you from registering. I’ll be posting this every week through December 15, this year’s deadline.
- Pull The Football – Save the World – I just emailed my representative (who is co-sponsoring the bill in the House. As I said to him, it is ludicrous for any one person – of any political party – to have the unchecked ability to commit genocide.
- Doubtful Science Behind Arguments to Restrict Birth Control Access – File under “GOP war on evidence-based decisions”
- Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein’s “Responsible Encryption” Demand is Bad and He Should Feel Bad
- Author Sam Sykes had some thoughts on “the idolization of self-destructive characters who walk away consequence free“
- For Many Women, The Nearest Abortion Provider Is Hundreds Of Miles Away