Absolute risk vs relative risk
- With Friends Like These: Turning Off The Gaslight – It’s a couple weeks old, but I listened to this on the drive back from Indiana. Linking for the second discussion beginning at 36:28 about how pro-choice folk can talk to people who oppose abortion on religious grounds. It made me remember how while I was still an evangelical, I reasoned myself into being pro-choice through the Golden Rule – I didn’t want non-evangelicals using the law to force their religious beliefs and practices (and “non-religious” conclusions starting from religious beliefs) on me, so I shouldn’t use the law to force my beliefs and practices and conclusions on others. Since there isn’t a widespread consensus on the issue, the decision should be made by those involved (and not unconnected parties who think they know better). Instead, abortion should be “safe, legal, and rare” (and I’ll add de-stigmatized to the list).
- Indiana child services chief resigns: Governor’s policies ‘all but ensure children will die’
- How Pirates Of The Caribbean Hijacked America’s Metric System
- Anime Feminist: [Yearbook] And a Nazi in a pear tree…
- Merriam-Webster: A Gender-Neutral Honorific